Saturday 16 August 2008

Working with Jerry Lebens-A Photographic Genius!




In January 2008 I was awarded a grant from the Arts Council. The grant enables me to have one to one mentoring with Jerry, with the purpose to help me gain greater skills and knowledge as a photographer.


Jerry is an Ilford Master, an expert in all things photographic, from lighting to landscape. I have been working with Jerry since February this year and often travel to his home town-Brighton-where Jerry spends a day sharing his vast knowledge and skills of photography with me. Since working with Jerry, I feel that I am becoming a more competent photographer and have learnt much in the valuable time we have spent together. I have learnt how much I do not know about photography!!!
One of the first things Jerry taught me was about correct exposure. Something I had not much understanding in the past. That has now been rectified with careful explanation and great tuition from Jerry and plenty of experimenting with my Nikon D300. Thanks for your patience Jerry!!!
So hopefully when I am back in Nepal this October I should take some good photographs with the Nikon and a near perfect exposure should be captured with each shot. That's the theory!
You can follow Jerry's tips about exposure in the latest issue of Black and White Photography Magazine. For more information about Jerry Lebens you can read his articles in the above magazine or contact Jerry directly on 01273 604495 or email jerry@photo-media.org.
Jerry Lebens writes for Black and White Photography Magazine and provides individual tailored courses in all aspects of traditional and digital photography.

No comments: